What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Not actually today, but over the last several months I installed the Whipple Mega Cooler intercooler as a winter project, however note that the as designed installation can be accomplished within a day.

IMG_7392.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Borla ATAK exhaust 140934 installed, yet to finish final alignment. As with my experiences installing Borla exhaust products, the quality and ease of installation is excellent.

OEM valve actuators removed and installed on Borla valves.
IMG_7395.jpeg

IMG_7398.jpeg

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
did the Borla valves come with the kit or where they extra?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
did the Borla valves come with the kit or where they extra?
The valve actuators and screens are transferred from the OEM exhaust. Also, the Borla pipe size is 2.75" vs 2.5" OEM however the inside size of the OEM valves are considerably smaller than the Borla valves which appear to be a true 2.75" inside diameter thereby minimizing exhaust flow restriction.

OEM valves
IMG_7381.jpeg

Borla valves
IMG_7397.jpeg

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Where did you find that?
had my upholster make it. notice my upper and lower dash, also had the same thing done and my doors as well. next up sun visors. I'm basically copying the deviated stitching layout in my GT3 and removing as much plastic look as possible.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Borla ATAK 140934 installation completed. Created 1 minute video below to share with you. Took it out for a short sprint, sounds Wicked under boost with higher rpms. I Love it! I'm planning to do a install write up in a dedicated thread soon and I'll update this post with a link to that thread.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Borla ATAK 140934 installation completed. Created 1 minute video below to share with you. Took it out for a short sprint, sounds Wicked under boost with higher rpms. I Love it! I'm planning to do a install write up in a dedicated thread soon and I'll update this post with a link to that thread.

Wow great sound, looks fantastic.

Greybeard

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Aug 17, 2023
Gallery
Huntington Beach CA
Current Ride
'23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
'22 4XE Rubicon

Beautiful fit and finish! Drone noise at all?

Also, I know you have a few highlighted "R" etc in orange. Where did you find the paint (assuming it's paint)?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Beautiful fit and finish! Drone noise at all?

Also, I know you have a few highlighted "R" etc in orange. Where did you find the paint (assuming it's paint)?
No drone, at 55 mph in normal or sport mode and quieter than I expected. I also have the Borla ATAK on my wrangler and does get a little more aggressive sounding with some heat cycles.

The R on the diff I painted at the same time as the brake calipers, it' G2 caliper epoxy paint.

I have a second diff cover powdercoated that I need to install but choose to get the exhaust finished prior so I wouldn't accidentally scratch the new diff cover. That also has the "R" in Code Orange powder coat same as my door pockets.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Completed another winter project, installed my new enhanced OEM aluminum diff cover Finished in Polished aluminum and Code Orange powder coat with gloss clear powder coat.
IMG_7441.jpeg

For project details:

Top Member Reactions