Fender Flare Take-offs?

Al The Pal

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
TN
I had a few fun weekends, this last weekend resulted in me losing a fender and not knowing it (i was in the rear of the pack). Anybody here that has replaced fenders looking to sell the take-offs? Or, I may go aftermarket full fender replacement. I know about where it came off and may ask a friend if he wants to go on a rescue mission.

1724076051086.png

i will have 4 fender flares available probably in a month , but i get that may not meet your timeline

i will have 4 fender flares available probably in a month , but i get that may not meet your timeline
Tye,
I'm not in a hurry. Mine is far from showroom floor status. It looks like you're far away and would require shipping. If you're up to shipping, please think on a price and we'll consider if the path forward is beneficial for both of us. Thanks for the response. Feel free to message me directly or continue here, either is fine with me.

Tye, I'm looking for a solution for the Raptor fenders that will hold up to rock crawling etc. I ripped one of mine off on my first trip out. But short of spending $20k on APG fenders, I haven't found a solution. Wondering if you found something. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1855.jpeg
    429 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1856.jpeg
    IMG_1856.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 23
I appreciate this dilemma. Rock crawling is a blast, and fenders tend to get sacrificed. Of the research I have done, two things have risen to the top:

1 - Stock fenders can bend under pressure, thus saving your quarter panel. Aftermarket fenders, including carbon fiber, will not

2—To avoid hitting fenders, embrace tire poke. I have heard many cry out about the adverse effects of tire poke, but honestly, I have had many offroad vehicles, and none have had any serious impacts of tire poke as long as you keep it reasonable. When crawling, the tire will keep the fender a few inches away from the obstacle. I plan on running 38x13.5x18 tires with a 2" lift and -12 mm offset (forged Racelines). I have a friend who is running a similar setup, he is substantially hardcore, and he has retained his fenders.

Thanks for your response. However, at Winrock this past weekend tire poke would not have helped. These fenders simply just stick out too far from the body. I’m going to look into having some metal fenders fabricated and tied into my frame somehow. FWIW I have about 2.5 inch’s poke today. Literally ripped the entire fender off.

Last edited:
I appreciate this dilemma. Rock crawling is a blast, and fenders tend to get sacrificed. Of the research I have done, two things have risen to the top:

1 - Stock fenders can bend under pressure, thus saving your quarter panel. Aftermarket fenders, including carbon fiber, will not

2—To avoid hitting fenders, embrace tire poke. I have heard many cry out about the adverse effects of tire poke, but honestly, I have had many offroad vehicles, and none have had any serious impacts of tire poke as long as you keep it reasonable. When crawling, the tire will keep the fender a few inches away from the obstacle. I plan on running 38x13.5x18 tires with a 2" lift and -12 mm offset (forged Racelines). I have a friend who is running a similar setup, he is substantially hardcore, and he has retained his fenders.
Does your friend have any rub at full articulation ?

Tye, I'm looking for a solution for the Raptor fenders that will hold up to rock crawling etc. I ripped one of mine off on my first trip out. But short of spending $20k on APG fenders, I haven't found a solution. Wondering if you found something. Any help is appreciated.
PK, looks like you had some gnarly action. Are those the factory painted fenders or did you paint them? Curious if you think the matte unpainted finish would have fared better?

It’s a 24 so they were factory painted and I don’t know if they would’ve fared better or not. It ripped off and went under the rear wheel as I was spinning up a mud rut

It ripped off and went under the rear wheel as I was spinning up a mud rut
I was wondering how it got so scratched on the top side in pictures above! This explains it!

The only solution I have found of
true quality so far is the APG fenders, the rest out there don't meet my quality standard, as well as take a lot of work ($$$ in labor) if you want really good fitment. I've seen fiberwerks and adv and know people who have spent 7-12k alone in body shop prep, fitment, paint. I would never go with those.

It’s a 24 so they were factory painted and I don’t know if they would’ve fared better or not. It ripped off and went under the rear wheel as I was spinning up a mud rut
The OEM flare performed as designed, which was to break away from the fender (quarter panel) before also causing damage to the expensive fender. Unfortunately appears your fender was also scratched, but it wasn't structurally damaged.
Appears the advantage to the 2024 painted flare is that a body shop can repair by filling in the gouges, sand, and paint. Our unpainted black metallic flares can have the same repair process, but very unlikely to ever match the molded in black metallic finish, therefore would need to color match all 4 flares or order a replacement flair.

@Turbo yzel solution is to remove the OEM outer flare prior to going off-road and just run with the highly flexible inner wheel well liner. Not impressive appearing, but functional. I'm guessing he learned this technique from personal experience.

Top Member Reactions

Back