Splaktar

Apr 28, 2024
Gallery
Indialantic, Florida
Current Ride
MY24 Velocity Blue Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
MY24 MB GLS 580
Fuel Covert Beadlock Wheels, does anyone have experience with these? They have some nice colors and designs, plus still allow you to air down, while not highlighting that they are beadlock wheels to everyone.

I am looking for Blue, White, Silver (machined), or Red Bead Grip / Innerlock wheels or Black Beadlock wheels that I can put a red ring on.

Last edited:
I haven't used those specific wheels but I've used Fuel wheels in the past without any issues.
However, those offsets aren't particularly Bronco Raptor friendly - IMHO.
I have Raceline Ryno BL with a +25 offset and they fit perfectly.
img_0752-jpg.13764
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    530.3 KB · Views: 125
Doh, good point.

From Fuel's website:
The selected products will not fit your vehicle!

I originally found these on Lethal Performance's page for Bronco Raptor wheels:

But I guess that they have stuff on there that isn't a good fit or requires major modifications to use.

If I search Tire Rack, there doesn't seem to be a way to filter for beadlock-capable wheels.

OK, after more research, I may go with Method's Bead Grip 703s (0mm offset) and Nitto Ridge Grapplers (37X12.5R17LT). The Nitto Terra Grappler G3s look good, but aren't available in a size for the Bronco Raptor.
Good choice on wheels, however I would recommend looking at their +25mm offset, less stress on front end components and steering system, better on road driving dynamics, and much less likely to knock of a fender flair upon full compression. Method produces that wheel in a +25 in the black & bronze finish, but not in the machined aluminum. I would contact Method asking if it's a misprint, or if possible to order. The machined finish is one of my favorites, would look great on your VB.

1728071204115.png

1728071337723.png

Good choice on wheels, however I would recommend looking at their +25mm offset, less stress on front end components and steering system, better on road driving dynamics, and much less likely to knock of a fender flair upon full compression. Method produces that wheel in a +25 in the black & bronze finish, but not in the machined aluminum. I would contact Method asking if it's a misprint, or if possible to order. The machined finish is one of my favorites, would look great on your VB.

View attachment 13782
Thank you. I just read that the stock wheels are something like +14mm offset and I was wondering if 0mm offset would be a problem. This confirmed it. I certainly don't want my tires to poke out more.

But as you mentioned, I am only looking for machined silver or white wheels. I reached out to my dealer to see what I they can get, but haven't heard back in a couple of days. I will do it some more research and potentially reach out to Method next week.

Last edited:
Thank you. I just read that the stock wheels are something like +14mm offset and I was wondering if 0mm offset would be a problem. This confirmed it. I certainly don't want my tires to poke out more.

But as you mentioned, I am only looking for machined silver or white wheels. I reached out to my dealer to see what I they can get, but haven't heard back in a couple of days. I will do it some more research and potentially reach out to Method next week.
Here is the post with our OEM wheel specifications, +34mm offset.

I have the cast non-beadlock capable wheels. Are they also +34 mm?

I have the cast non-beadlock capable wheels. Are they also +34 mm?
Yes, the size and offset are identical for all the OEM available Bronco Raptor wheels. I have the beadlock capable wheels which will be a few pounds heavier than the cast non-beadlock capable wheels.

Like you found, I can only find black or bronze in + offsets from Method in Bead Grip.

These (https://www.methodracewheels.com/co...roducts/707-bahia-blue?variant=39783959363645) blue wheels are nice too, but only come in 0mm offset.

It seems like there is a real shortage of Bead Grip or Icon Rebound Pro, etc wheels in anything but Bronze/Black/Grey.

I guess that I should just start looking at Beadlock wheels again.

A friend of mine is running 0 offset. Mild poke. I've heard the warnings regarding front end stress. I am not convinced. It may be valid on many other vehicles, but BRaptors have a F150 build. They are your regular weak front end.

A friend of mine is running 0 offset. Mild poke. I've heard the warnings regarding front end stress. I am not convinced. It may be valid on many other vehicles, but BRaptors have a F150 build. They are your regular weak front end.
I don’t disagree with this however, depending upon how the Braptor is used plays a big part in the longevity of suspension components.

Top Member Reactions

Back