🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Aug 17, 2023
Gallery
Huntington Beach CA
Current Ride
'23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
'22 4XE Rubicon
I installed it yesterday morning. It took less than an hour to install and it was very simple.

Now for the fun part: After going through the startup and making sure everything was good, I took to the streets. Started driving down a major road and gently leaned into it. I immediately got pulled over and ticketed. Such as life.

All in all, I am very happy with it. It's fully customizable, and has a ton of power. Their website advertises dyno results of 45hp/77tq. My seat dyno says that feels accurate.

Next on deck (perhaps next month) - K&N cold intake and charge pipe. That'll add another 75hp. 😅

I installed it yesterday morning. It took less than an hour to install and it was very simple.

Now for the fun part: After going through the startup and making sure everything was good, I took to the streets. Started driving down a major road and gently leaned into it. I immediately got pulled over and ticketed. Such as life.

All in all, I am very happy with it. It's fully customizable, and has a ton of power. Their website advertises dyno results of 45hp/77tq. My seat dyno says that feels accurate.

Next on deck (perhaps next month) - K&N cold intake and charge pipe. That'll add another 75hp. 😅
I installed this a while back. I really like throttle sensitivity adjustment and being able to turn off the double honk was a bonus. Have not fully explored all levels of adjustment yet.

Those are technical questions that Superchips can answer. I can only give you my experience and opinion.

I have a similar Pulsar setup in my 2018 Jeep Wrangler. It livened it up and made it slightly more fun to drive; thus, I wanted it for my BRaptor. There haven't been any engine issues on the Jeep, and it has been on for over 50,000 miles. There are always opportunities for warranty risks, but this system doesn't leave a footprint. If there is a warranty issue, remove the system before taking it to the dealer.

I don't think this would work in addition to the ProCal. Choose one or the other. The advantage I see with Pulsar is that it's a rather simple installation and doesn't require dealer markup labor to install. Watch the video, read the installation manual, and have it completed in less than an hour. This includes cold beverage breaks.

Sometimes, decisions come down to trust and experience. Holly Performance owns Superchips, so I know this isn't some off-brand product with little backing.

Additionally, as a rule, I run Mobil 1 synthetic oil and change it every 10K miles on all my vehicles. I have done this for the last 20+ years and have never had an internal engine issue. The internals of a turbo engine are usually built to allow the HP of turbos and the pressures they bring. Whichever product you install, I seriously doubt it will damage your engine.

I already have the ProCal 4 on order and feel more comfortable with the warranty and extended warranty with that. So I ordered the Flashcal to disable the double honk and make other minor modifications.

I will try to pick up some more hp via CAI, charge pipes, etc. This Pulsar XT must have been really useful for 2022 & 2023 models prior to the release of the ProCal 4 this month. It's an impressive system and installation.

Top Member Reactions

Back