Anyone seen this on rear shocks and inner tie rod boot?

I am on my second 2023 Bronco Raptor. The first one had the same problem with the crumpled rear shock boot. The dealer Replaced it under warrant and there was no more problem. Till the crash and fire at 8,000 km 5,000 mile.
The second Bronco Raptor had the same problem with both rear shock boots. The dealer replaced them. When they delivered it back to me I looked underneath and one of the rear shock boots was all crumpled up. (brand new assembly)
I am currently having my dealer doing an investigation with hotline and Ford Engineers to find out what the cure is.
It will be ok period of time and then tear and fill with snow ice mud and sand.
I can see a table of engineers sitting around a table saying yup that's OK
And a table of mechanics in the next room saying Hell no that's not going to work.

Attachments

• 462547936_846327097324228_4259931965363836454_n.jpg
    462547936_846327097324228_4259931965363836454_n.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 4
I am on my second 2023 Bronco Raptor. The first one had the same problem with the crumpled rear shock boot. The dealer Replaced it under warrant and there was no more problem. Till the crash and fire at 8,000 km 5,000 mile.
The second Bronco Raptor had the same problem with both rear shock boots. The dealer replaced them. When they delivered it back to me I looked underneath and one of the rear shock boots was all crumpled up. (brand new assembly)
I am currently having my dealer doing an investigation with hotline and Ford Engineers to find out what the cure is.
It will be ok period of time and then tear and fill with snow ice mud and sand.
I can see a table of engineers sitting around a table saying yup that's OK
And a table of mechanics in the next room saying Hell no that's not going to work.
Honestly they should just remove the boots. No other raptor model comes from ford with them, and nearly all good shock brands (fox king etc) don’t sell shock boots on their stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Back