Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
I wanted to make a thread so owners could post long term ownership feedback. There are many of us on here that have currently had our Bronco Raptors for 2 years plus now, if only by a few days, LOL. We were the lucky ones that got our hands on these beast in the first shipments from Ford.

My Bronco Raptor arrived on September 21 of 2022. I do not daily drive it but have accumulated 20,000 miles on her as of this month. Like many owners here I have added many small things to her which I have made some post about throughout this forum.

As of today I have not had any mechanical problems. I have received info from Ford to have my software updated on my windshield wipers and info to have an issue fixed so the seat belts are easyier to reach but that is it.

I use the Fuelly app to keep track of my mileage. After 88 logged fill ups I am averaging 12.2 mpg with my last at 10 mpg and my best at 15 mpg. I do use 93 octane gas.

So far I am very happy with my purchase. Is the vehicle perfect or could Ford have done a few things differently? All I can say to that is its hard to make everyone happy.

If things change in the future I will be back here to put my 2 cents in. How has your experience been with your Bronco Raptor?

I have an 2024, 7 months old with 8k miles on it stock, no mod, can't say is long term yet. but I do put it into hard work on many hardcore terrain. Mud, rock, water crossing, high speed Baja gravel road. Does lots of road trips and tons off-roading parks. Interior hold up nice no rattling noise after so many crazy rides. no leaking on the roof, I do remove them occasionally. The truck does bit wide for many of the eastern trails. Definitely will get pinstripes. I use mek magnet (gel) to cover most of the area, the fenders have PPF, these protections does a good job to protecting pinstripes. But beware, the mek gel cover is not forever use. I think only can hold up to few time on and off.

3 issues from very serious to non serious issues
One - Cam phaser issues noise at 3k mark, the problem ran away without any repair after another 1k miles drive. God know will it comes back?

Two - Black out infotainment screen, happen few times. Restart the car back to normal

Three - Apple Carplay sometime is weird. This happens to many of my other cars too. so many be is an Apple thing.

Also these prewiring for the aux switches amps is too low for some of my electronics setup. and these wires are so thin! they like 18 gauge. only one switch is 30A with 16 gauge wire, the rest are 4x 10A and 1x 15A. we need 20A and 40A. and also they don't lite up at dark.

Overall, Love it every second I start her up. Installing the Procal today, let see how that does! and front winch next month.

Last edited:
Great thread guys!

I've got 19K miles on my 23 BRaptor. I previously had a Jeep Rubicon 4XE. The initial noticeable difference between the Jeep and BRaptor was the interior size! I have never had so much fun as I do in this thing! I have taken it in the mountains and played with my friends who have excessively modified Jeeps, including 392's. The BRaptor keeps up with them, and the exterior is bone stock. I have crawled up boulders that many Rubicons can't make.

Jumping you ask - yup - done it like it was no big deal.

No vehicle will ever satisfy all wishes, but so far, it's about smiles per mile.

Closing in on 1 year with my 23 - No issues at all 7k miles but not my DD. She’s been off road many times and gets proper used.

Previously owned a 21 Badlands SAS - No issues there either. Traded it in for…

Wife’s DD is 23 Heritage LE - only issue was a missing rear window seal which was quickly resolved. Her’s is a pavement princess and she even has a matching Robins Egg Blue Stanley to prove it! (LOL)

Attachments

• 73790470077__47880EAE-F88A-4733-B764-0C852DA2ECA0.jpeg
    73790470077__47880EAE-F88A-4733-B764-0C852DA2ECA0.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 3
30k miles on my '23.

Twice I've had it throw a wrench light while in 4-lo downshifting from 2nd to 1st. Cycling the ignition has been the fix both times. Otherwise it's been mostly great.

25k on my 2022. 13.4 mpg per dash since inception. Wheel it at least once every two weeks. It’s been jumped many times over a gazillion boulders and flying through hundreds of miles in the desert.

Alternator died on me in Moab. But no warranty issues besides that.

The window wobble is my biggest gripe. Just feels cheap.

Loads of mods incl winch, lights, skids, sliders and now about to do suspension modifications in October.

So far this may be my favorite vehicle ever and I’ve had a few cool cars over the years

I have a '23 with 17k. If I drive it exclusively around stop and go town traffic, it will get about 12 to 13 mpg. However, most of my driving is either country highways or freeways at the speed limit. Because of that driving profile, my first 7000 miles yielded 17.9 mpg, which I was happy about even though I obviously did not expect good mpg from this type of vehicle. We have not had any problems with it, mechanical, or otherwise. The biggest chronic problem with the Bronco Raptor is cost control when it comes to aftermarket parts. :)

Took delivery of my 2022 raptor in November of 2022. 12k miles on it now, had the cam phaser issue around 1600-2000 miles. i think i was the 2nd reported cam phaser issue to Ford at that time. Other than that, no issues as of now and still enjoying it. Lots of mods done and 2 time broncoraptor forums raptor of the month winner :)

Got my '22 on Sept. 12. Not a daily driver but it has around 10k miles and mostly cosmetic mods. Just got back from the dunes at Silver Lake in MI, which was a blast. Looking at doing some sort of tune, but no decision yet. Truck has been solid (knocks on wood) Getting my windows adjusted so the wobble goes away.🤞

I have an 2024, 7 months old with 8k miles on it stock, no mod, can't say is long term yet. but I do put it into hard work on many hardcore terrain. Mud, rock, water crossing, high speed Baja gravel road. Does lots of road trips and tons off-roading parks. Interior hold up nice no rattling noise after so many crazy rides. no leaking on the roof, I do remove them occasionally. The truck does bit wide for many of the eastern trails. Definitely will get pinstripes. I use mek magnet (gel) to cover most of the area, the fenders have PPF, these protections does a good job to protecting pinstripes. But beware, the mek gel cover is not forever use. I think only can hold up to few time on and off.

3 issues from very serious to non serious issues
One - Cam phaser issues noise at 3k mark, the problem ran away without any repair after another 1k miles drive. God know will it comes back?

Two - Black out infotainment screen, happen few times. Restart the car back to normal

Three - Apple Carplay sometime is weird. This happens to many of my other cars too. so many be is an Apple thing.

Also these prewiring for the aux switches amps is too low for some of my electronics setup. and these wires are so thin! they like 18 gauge. only one switch is 30A with 16 gauge wire, the rest are 4x 10A and 1x 15A. we need 20A and 40A. and also they don't lite up at dark.

Overall, Love it every second I start her up. Installing the Procal today, let see how that does! and front winch next month.
My screen blacked out once. I put it in park and then pulled it back into gear and it came right on! Didn't have to recycle the starter.

My screen blacked out once. I put it in park and then pulled it back into gear and it came right on! Didn't have to recycle the starter.
Easy solution: When you are having connection issues with the screen, simply reboot the screen without restarting the Bronco. Hold the screen power button and the fast-forward button at the same time until the screen turns off. Release, and the screen reboots.

30k miles on my '23.

Twice I've had it throw a wrench light while in 4-lo downshifting from 2nd to 1st. Cycling the ignition has been the fix both times. Otherwise it's been mostly great.
I have had my 2023 since July I got a huge discount so traded the OBX SAS in on it. I was in Breckenridge, Leadville area and in 4 lo got the wrench light. It happened 3 times in a week and I think I was switching Goat modes not really sure. I had to shut off and restart and then all was good.

Easy solution: When you are having connection issues with the screen, simply reboot the screen without restarting the Bronco. Hold the screen power button and the fast-forward button at the same time until the screen turns off. Release, and the screen reboots.
Good recommendation I have to do this once in a while.

Top Member Reactions

Back