I know it's not a Raptor.... but it is a Bronco.

irishkpo

Aug 16, 2022
Gallery
Minnesota
Current Ride
'23 - Raptor - Code Orange (mine) AND '24 HLE 2dr - Yellowstone (wife's)
Current Ride #2
Rental Car of the week...
Just wanted to show off the newest addition to what my wife I have decided to call The Stable instead of the Garage.

Got tired of her borrowing the Raptor when I travel for work so agreed to buy her a Bronco of her own. Ordered a HLE 2dr Yellowstone last fall during that short window and have been waiting and waiting.... Felt like my original order all over again.

What I don't understand as we continue to get the "we haven't scheduled your build yet and will contact you when we have more information email".... is that I found one a couple of hours from our place. Called my dealer told him and he found 5 more close by!!!

Ford - Please explain to me why units are built and sent to dealers to sit on their lot instead of sent to a customer who put $$ down on one. Anyway - My dealer executed a trade and we picked this one up last weekend. Under MSRP also just like my Raptor purchase. Love my local dealer.
The Stable.png

Last edited:
The size difference is even more evident in a side shot since the HLE is a 2dr.

Now I get to participate on both sides of the 2dr vs More door conflict on that other forum...

Side Shot.png

Last edited:
Just wanted to show off the newest addition to what my wife I have decided to call The Stable instead of the Garage.

Got tired of her borrowing the Raptor when I travel for work so agreed to buy her a Bronco of her own. Ordered a HLE 2dr Yellowstone last fall during that short window and have been waiting and waiting.... Felt like my original order all over again.

What I don't understand as we continue to get the "we haven't scheduled your build yet and will contact you when we have more information email".... is that I found one a couple of hours from our place. Called my dealer told him and he found 5 more close by!!!

Ford - Please explain to me why units are built and sent to dealers to sit on their lot instead of sent to a customer who put $$ down on one. Anyway - My dealer executed a trade and we picked this one up last weekend. Under MSRP also just like my Raptor purchase. Love my local dealer.View attachment 13308
If she keeps "borrowing" the Raptor at this point, I hope you like yellow! Seriously they are both great Broncos. Did you have the FORD letters on the Raptor grill painted or do those stick on? They look good!

Did you have the FORD letters on the Raptor grill painted or do those stick on? They look good!

Thanks. They are stickers. Easy install and if I didn't like it I could revert.

From Stickerfab.com if I recall correctly.

Ford - Please explain to me why units are built and sent to dealers to sit on their lot instead of sent to a customer who put $$ down on one. Anyway - My dealer executed a trade and we picked this one up last weekend. Under MSRP also just like my Raptor purchase. Love my local dealer.View attachment 13308

Pretty awesome picture! We are still waiting for Ford to pick up a couple Heritage Editions, so I have not seen the yellow color! Pretty sweet!

Thanks for sharing the picture of both!

Does she mind the manual seats in the 2DR? That was one of the major reasons my wife wanted the 4 DR HEL over the 2 DR.

She drove our BB 2 DR a few times and didn’t mind them too bad, but when she started driving the Raptor, she immediately noticed the difference in the adjustments on the electric seats. She feels like she can find a more comfortable position, so she strongly prefers them over the manual seats.

Does she mind the manual seats in the 2DR? That was one of the major reasons my wife wanted the 4 DR HEL over the 2 DR.

She drove our BB 2 DR a few times and didn’t mind them too bad, but when she started driving the Raptor, she immediately noticed the difference in the adjustments on the electric seats. She feels like she can find a more comfortable position, so she strongly prefers them over the manual seats.

Unfortunately we didn't recognize that the seats in the 2dr would be manual. She had driven the Raptor of course and we were never able to find a 2dr on a lot to actually drive. So we were a little shocked when we picked it up that it had manual seats. Especially with it being an HLE and at that price point we just expected electric seats. She's not real happy. Just a little disappointed about it but I think she can live with it. Issue will come when I drive it. I'm 6' and she's 5' tall on a good day so quite a bit of adjustment between us. Moving the seat up and down is the worst part. She's not going to like having to get readjusted manually.

I think she's enamored enough with the dimensions of the little 2dr that she can live with the seats. I might just rip the backseats out of the 2dr anyway and put in a flat floor. Then maybe I can find a set of electric seats out of a wrecked truck and install them. Don't really need the ability to flip the seats forward if there isn't a second row of seats in the truck after all.

Yeah, I figured it out by accident, really. I just thought the seats in the BB were manual because of the trim level. When she asked me about it, I started reading and figured out the manual seats are required for rear passenger egress.

I was thinking about finding a set of electric seats and swapping the seat covers from the HLE. I never got around to figuring out what wiring would be necessary in the 2 DR, though.

So on another Bronco forum I was asking about doing the switch from manual to power and someone says there are universal power seat bases online you can buy. Apparently you just replace the mechanism and reuse your existing base. About $250. You get to keep the tip mechanism of the back. Loose the ability to slide it forward at the same time, but that might be worth it to be able to run it up and down easily. So I have some research to do.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we didn't recognize that the seats in the 2dr would be manual. She had driven the Raptor of course and we were never able to find a 2dr on a lot to actually drive. So we were a little shocked when we picked it up that it had manual seats. Especially with it being an HLE and at that price point we just expected electric seats. She's not real happy. Just a little disappointed about it but I think she can live with it. Issue will come when I drive it. I'm 6' and she's 5' tall on a good day so quite a bit of adjustment between us. Moving the seat up and down is the worst part. She's not going to like having to get readjusted manually.

I think she's enamored enough with the dimensions of the little 2dr that she can live with the seats. I might just rip the backseats out of the 2dr anyway and put in a flat floor. Then maybe I can find a set of electric seats out of a wrecked truck and install them. Don't really need the ability to flip the seats forward if there isn't a second row of seats in the truck after all.
My Bronco Raptor and the wife's 4dr Badlands, both have Lux pkg, both with leather, both with power. I think the power would be a bigger deal if they had seat position memory, preferably linked to the key fob in use that way they would auto return to your setting. I say this because it's a slow process to readjust the power seats between the two of us and a guessing game to repeat the same position.

We also have a Wrangler JK 4dr with leather but all manual seats & no adjustable lumbar suppprt. My wife use to Hate the Jeep because it bothered her lower back and refused to drive it even a few local highway miles. Spring of 2023 I installed these Seat Jackers on the front seats. Month later my wife had to drive the Jeep while waiting for delivery of her Bronco Badlands, after about 2 days of driving she said "I don't know what you paid for those seat jackers but they were worth every penny, I now love the Jeep". As @DallasCajun described it: " You sit in the seat vs. on the seat." Few weeks later her Bronco arrived, she asked my to modify it similar to what I did to my Raptor and she would drive the Jeep. When I was done with her Bronco it sat in the garage another month as she was comforable driving the Jeep. When she did start driving the Bronco she started complaining about lower back pain again, I then installed the Bronco specific Seat Jackers on her Badlands, it's better now but she still prefers the Jeep manual seats.
What I like about the manual seats is that they are fast and easy to adjust fore and aft to a notched position that makes easy to repeat perfect placement for each of us Sometimes simpler is better.

if they had seat position memory, preferably linked to the key fob in use that way they would auto return to your setting.

I've been thinking the same thing since I got the Raptor. I wish it had seat memory as often as we change positions on it. Even a set of push buttons on the edge of the dash would be great. Assuming they wouldn't want to run more wiring for that to the doors.

I don't have an issue with the seat position. So I've never considered the seat jackers. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing.... Maybe I should just go experiment with some stacked up washers.

Back