Aug 13, 2024
Dayton, Ohio
Current Ride
Lotus Evora GT
Current Ride #2
Jeep Wrangler RHR
First Responder
First - Last responder
Hello, new to the forum, I am in the gathering of info stage of the shopping process. Presently I have a 2016 JKU RHR on 37’s which my wife hates to get in/out of (I do agree, its a PITA at times) & also has the typical Jeep wondering when on the pavement.

Thus we are looking to upgrade and a Raptor is my top pic. We presently pull my JKU behind my RV so we will do the same with the Raptor.

We plan on visiting the local Ford dealership tomorrow & do our first Bronco test drive. I hope to drive the Raptor and a lower trim level to see how they compare…. Possibly take a new wrangler for a drive as well.

Hello, new to the forum, I am in the gathering of info stage of the shopping process. Presently I have a 2016 JKU RHR on 37’s which my wife hates to get in/out of (I do agree, its a PITA at times) & also has the typical Jeep wondering when on the pavement.

Thus we are looking to upgrade and a Raptor is my top pic. We presently pull my JKU behind my RV so we will do the same with the Raptor.

We plan on visiting the local Ford dealership tomorrow & do our first Bronco test drive. I hope to drive the Raptor and a lower trim level to see how they compare…. Possibly take a new wrangler for a drive as well.
Drive them all, but you’re gonna like the Raptor…..

Been a Jeep owner for years but now an extremely happy Raptor owner! Here’s some pics!

Attachments

• IMG_2309.jpeg
    IMG_2309.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2294.jpeg
    IMG_2294.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2293.jpeg
    IMG_2293.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2290.jpeg
    IMG_2290.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2289.jpeg
    IMG_2289.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2292.jpeg
    IMG_2292.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2295.jpeg
    IMG_2295.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2297.jpeg
    IMG_2297.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2295.jpeg
    IMG_2295.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2284.jpeg
    IMG_2284.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2272.jpeg
    IMG_2272.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 19

Welcome to the forum! Did you make a decision post test drives?

Unfortunately work became busy so I couldn’t do a test drive. There are 8 Raptors close to me so if we like them hopefully we can strike a deal on one. That being said we are also more then willing to travel for the right vehicle/price!

We drove several trims, most with the Sasquatch package. We were leaning toward Wildtrak but the ergos, nicer interior/seats, more solid sounding (no rattles or creaks), ride quality and extra power of the Raptor made it more compelling for us which is what we ended up with. It’s easy to say the Raptor is overpriced, and maybe it is, but if you look at the details, you can see what the extra cost goes to.

We drove several trims, most with the Sasquatch package. We were leaning toward Wildtrak but the ergos, nicer interior/seats, more solid sounding (no rattles or creaks), ride quality and extra power of the Raptor made it more compelling for us which is what we ended up with. It’s easy to say the Raptor is overpriced, and maybe it is, but if you look at the details, you can see what the extra cost goes to.
I got antsy waiting for my order in 2022 and considered bailing on it and buying a Wildtrack or Rubicon 392. But as you say, when you look at the details you come to realize it’s almost a completely different vehicle from the other Broncos….

Sadly though, when you have a problem on the trail in your Raptor, those unique spare parts are hard to come by.

Top Member Reactions

Back