Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Entertaining 8 minute summary video.

"Guys it's time for a change. We've owned our Ford Bronco Raptor for a little over a year now, and it's time for us to say goodbye and move on to something different. In today's video we're giving you everything you need to know about what it's been like to own, what we've liked, what we didn't, and whether or not we'd actually recommend one. (the answer is absolutely yes by the way)"

Entertaining 8 minute summary video.

"Guys it's time for a change. We've owned our Ford Bronco Raptor for a little over a year now, and it's time for us to say goodbye and move on to something different. In today's video we're giving you everything you need to know about what it's been like to own, what we've liked, what we didn't, and whether or not we'd actually recommend one. (the answer is absolutely yes by the way)"

Good I am glad with the recommendation. I will watch this. I find it interesting people have a list of things they don't like about the Raptor or other vehicles. That is just fine but not the way I think.

I just love it. Just like I am still impressed with the water tap when you turn it on and have hot water. I may be simple or easily impressed, I don't know. When I read "what we didn't like" I find it interesting.

I have read a lot of what people don't like about Broncos and Raptors and of coarse they make some good points. I just don't seem to care.

I will give it a whirl and see what he thinks...haha

Edit: case and point, yeah perhaps fuel milage could be better but what do you expect? Everything else he mentioned I could care less.

What people dislike is very personal so I guess I just find it boring listening to why someone doesn't like something.

Thanks for posting these as always.

God Bless those past, present and future who give us our freedom. I am proud of our families contribution. Freedom isn't free.

Last edited:
There is no other factory vehicle that is this capable right off the dealer lot. Not even close really competition wise yet on that one. They are probably selling it to pocket the extra $20k they can make off of a used vehicle. Don't know of too many other vehicles that don't depreciate after you buy them.

The last two vehicles I owned were Jeep Wranglers before getting a BRaptor. If you take a Rubicon with a V6 and make it as capable as a BRaptor, you have surpassed the cost of a Braptor by a bunch. Here's my math: Coil over lift installed - around $15-20K (coil over is expensive), wheels and tires - $7K, regear front and rear - $3-4K, armor and steps - $3K. I am certain I am missing something here, but you get the idea.

Additionally, you have less HP (unless you get the poorly engineered 392) and a cramped interior. By then, you have a Jeep that the factory didn't design to perform with all the extra stuff you just installed. Add death wobble and brakes that wear out fast, and you have a recipe for a toy that consumes parts quickly.

If you ask a Jeep fan why they bought their Jeep, price and fuel economy aren't on the list.

It's about having fun, and I can tell you the BRaptor is a blast as a daily and as a weekend toy. I get to beat up Mercedes and Mustangs occasionally - giggling all the way.

The last two vehicles I owned were Jeep Wranglers before getting a BRaptor. If you take a Rubicon with a V6 and make it as capable as a BRaptor, you have surpassed the cost of a Braptor by a bunch. Here's my math: Coil over lift installed - around $15-20K (coil over is expensive), wheels and tires - $7K, regear front and rear - $3-4K, armor and steps - $3K. I am certain I am missing something here, but you get the idea.

Additionally, you have less HP (unless you get the poorly engineered 392) and a cramped interior. By then, you have a Jeep that the factory didn't design to perform with all the extra stuff you just installed. Add death wobble and brakes that wear out fast, and you have a recipe for a toy that consumes parts quickly.

If you ask a Jeep fan why they bought their Jeep, price and fuel economy aren't on the list.

It's about having fun, and I can tell you the BRaptor is a blast as a daily and as a weekend toy. I get to beat up Mercedes and Mustangs occasionally - giggling all the way.
I don’t know anything about the 392 other than it sounds great on the videos and seems fast and powerful. But I have never heard that it was poorly engineered. What are its engineering issues?

I don’t know anything about the 392 other than it sounds great on the videos and seems fast and powerful. But I have never heard that it was poorly engineered. What are its engineering issues?
Not sure what the engineering issues are, but there are several notable YouTubers/influencers with 392’s that seem to constantly be taking them to the repair shop…

Not sure what the engineering issues are, but there are several notable YouTubers/influencers with 392’s that seem to constantly be taking them to the repair shop…
Almost sounds like a LR defender; sink a lot of money into a vehicle that is maintenance and repair intensive!

Here's my thoughts for what it's worth. Jeep - in their always expanding quality standards...(sarcastic)... throught to put a high HP, heavy motor in a Rubicon without considering the additional weight, steering, and transfer case gearing. If you have the opportunity to go rock crawling with one, sit back and enjoy the throttle response as they attempt to climb. It is tricky, to say the least.

Forgive my ignorance, but I believe our BRaptors are built differently than the Badlands and such. Not a knock on the other Bronco models, but it seems to me that a BRaptor was specifically engineered to be the top of the model with numerous extras to stand above that warrant the additional expense. All the extras work together to give it an epic user experience.

If you want to go fast in a straight line whilst using a 4x4 - buy the 392. You will be just like the other Demons and BMW's out there. But if you want to beat the hell out of your toy for 85 miles in the rocky desert and then drive it home - a BRaptor is for you. I did it on the California 300 Poker Run.

I know it is a bit off-topic, but the video tries to make points to an audience that doesn't really exist. If you want to spend $100K+ on one of these, fuel economy and price aren't in the equation. This thing isn't a "responsible purchase" by no means. And that is the point!

An exceptional video that gets it....

Here's my thoughts for what it's worth. Jeep - in their always expanding quality standards...(sarcastic)... throught to put a high HP, heavy motor in a Rubicon without considering the additional weight, steering, and transfer case gearing. If you have the opportunity to go rock crawling with one, sit back and enjoy the throttle response as they attempt to climb. It is tricky, to say the least.

Forgive my ignorance, but I believe our BRaptors are built differently than the Badlands and such. Not a knock on the other Bronco models, but it seems to me that a BRaptor was specifically engineered to be the top of the model with numerous extras to stand above that warrant the additional expense. All the extras work together to give it an epic user experience.

If you want to go fast in a straight line whilst using a 4x4 - buy the 392. You will be just like the other Demons and BMW's out there. But if you want to beat the hell out of your toy for 85 miles in the rocky desert and then drive it home - a BRaptor is for you. I did it on the California 300 Poker Run.

I know it is a bit off-topic, but the video tries to make points to an audience that doesn't really exist. If you want to spend $100K+ on one of these, fuel economy and price aren't in the equation. This thing isn't a "responsible purchase" by no means. And that is the point!

An exceptional video that gets it....

I agree with everything you say 100%, except that the BRaptor still goes better faster in a straight line than any Jeep due to the awesome suspension reengineering job that Ford did (and then there is IFS). The BRaptor is the ultimate off-road vehicle - it does everything extremely well. Maybe not first place in every category, but across the board you cannot find a more capable vehicle straight from the factory. We’re a lucky crowd on this forum!

I agree with everything you say 100%, except that the BRaptor still goes better faster in a straight line than any Jeep due to the awesome suspension reengineering job that Ford did (and then there is IFS). The BRaptor is the ultimate off-road vehicle - it does everything extremely well. Maybe not first place in every category, but across the board you cannot find a more capable vehicle straight from the factory. We’re a lucky crowd on this forum!
You distilled it down perfectly!

Bronco Raptor is the all around most fun vehicle to drive I’ve ever had. It does so much off-road so well, then takes a shower and behaves quite nicely on road. It’s actually a lot more enjoyable drive on mountain roads than I would have imagined given its width and weight.

I’m so glad Ford engineers reworked all the hidden important bits, instead of just adding a few stickers, some 37s and a bigger motor to a standard Bronco and calling it a day.

The area it falls down ( at least for many reviewers and buyers) is that reviewers keep trying to call it a luxury SUV. It’s expensive like a luxury SUV, but that’s about where the comparison ends. Its basically a Tacoma interior with some nice LED screens and nicely bolstered seats.

I really liked my Taco, so that’s all I was looking for in an interior. My wife’s Defender interior is in another world compared to the BR, but that world doesn’t have big rocks, jumps or high speed desert runs in it either. So comparing the is pointless.

Finally, Anyone overly concerned about MPG is shopping in the wrong segment anyway.

My MPG does alright on long trips I feel like. With them getting 12.7 they must be in sports mode all the time and romping on it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_7843.jpeg
    IMG_7843.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 47
My MPG does alright on long trips I feel like. With them getting 12.7 they must be in sports mode all the time and romping on it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ve got 13.2 mpg lifetime at 14+k miles. I rarely use Sport mode on road, but ive probably got 1500 miles or more flying through the desert, crawling around forest service roads and mountain trails and the worst gas sucker of all hooning it around the local short course track lap after lap.

backing Into on road mpg assuming 1500 miles at 7mpg puts my on road lifetime mpg at about 14. But I drive somewhat aggressively and have put on a lot of mountain miles. I think a lot more about filling up than I used to!

Back