K&N Air Intake system released??

RaptorAU

Jun 15, 2024
Auburn, AL
Current Ride
2024 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2024 Lexus GX550
So I was doing some digging around trying to find charge pipes for our Braptors and it looks like K&N has released their air intake kit?? I'm curious how this would do compared to the S&B. It looks like a very solid unit along w/ the charge pipes. I've linked both below.

Bronco Raptor Air Intake

Charge Pipes

that is quote the hp and torque gains from a cai only. Same
with the charge pipes. i'm not sure how believable those numbers are.
Wish they had a package deal
for the cai and charge pipes

that is quote the hp and torque gains from a cai only. Same
with the charge pipes. i'm not sure how believable those numbers are.
Wish they had a package deal
for the cai and charge pipes
My thing is, why is this intake $150 more than the S&B intake?

s&b also does not show those types of gains

Very true I'd expect about half of that and maybe 75% of it with charge pipes as well. I'll say though on my 23 F150 Raptor when I did a IC and charge pipes that thing built boost so much faster, it was awesome.

i may be willing to try it. If anyone wants to buy a brand new in the box never installed s&b cai I'll sell mine to fund towards this.

I'm still trying to decide honestly. The S&B unit is proven and looks good, simple install but tbh I kinda like the looks of the K&N and it might pair a little better with their charge pipe but again the $150 more is puzzling to me...

I like the K&N and they seem to always make a quality product. I will probably get one of these in the near future.

I was leery of the S&B after some post on other social media had the clear top popping off during off roading.

I know the HP numbers sound exaggerated but they have the dyno chart between the HP and Torque numbers. I'm curious what the combo installed would bring.

Sold my S&B and ordering CAI and Charge Pipes

Interested in picking up both. Anyone find a better deal than ordering them individually from K&N?

I’ve had an S&B for 4 months now and hate it. It was missing some parts when it shipped, then the lid kept continuously popping off when off-road. Which in turn caused the lid to get scratched to the point of not being transparent and scratched up my engine bay. Then the filter got caked in mud and dirt since the lid wasn’t on. S&B responded by saying they would send a new lid, then forgot. After asking again they sent the wrong lid. After telling them they sent the correct lid, but just the transparent part and not a new gasket. They also refused to send me a new filter saying it was a normal maintenance item after being ruined in 2 months. So I’ve been driving around with no lid on it because I don’t want to ruin my engine bay anymore. Admittedly it sounds great without a lid but I won’t buy from them again.
IMG_1043.jpeg

I’ve had an S&B for 4 months now and hate it. It was missing some parts when it shipped, then the lid kept continuously popping off when off-road. Which in turn caused the lid to get scratched to the point of not being transparent and scratched up my engine bay. Then the filter got caked in mud and dirt since the lid wasn’t on. S&B responded by saying they would send a new lid, then forgot. After asking again they sent the wrong lid. After telling them they sent the correct lid, but just the transparent part and not a new gasket. They also refused to send me a new filter saying it was a normal maintenance item after being ruined in 2 months. So I’ve been driving around with no lid on it because I don’t want to ruin my engine bay anymore. Admittedly it sounds great without a lid but I won’t buy from them again. View attachment 13388
Oh man that is AWFUL. I've never been a big fan of S&B tbh. I didn't like their setups with TRXs when I had mine. People complained about the same thing. Tough to change out, lid was awful, fitment. I'm gonna order the K&N I think. Double checking though the ONLY two intakes we have to choose from are K&N and S&B correct?

Oh man that is AWFUL. I've never been a big fan of S&B tbh. I didn't like their setups with TRXs when I had mine. People complained about the same thing. Tough to change out, lid was awful, fitment. I'm gonna order the K&N I think. Double checking though the ONLY two intakes we have to choose from are K&N and S&B correct?
As of right now those are the only options. And who knows if the K&N will be any better, but I suspect it will be. For what it’s worth I am working directly with S&B on fixing this and being very upfront that I will not recommend their product to anyone until it is made better. If the end up changing the design and fixing the issues my opinion might change, but for now I do not endorse the S&B

Back