Undisputed!!! | Bronco Raptor Makes Another Record Setting Run | NMRA - Norwalk - By SVTPerformance

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"SVTP's pursuit of performance never ends. We decided to put our new SPD Downpipes + Whipple Tune/Intercooler combo on our Bronco Raptor to the test. Results were far better than we were expecting."
"For more info or to ask us questions about the runs check out the full article posted on SVTPerformance.com - https://www.svtperformance.com/thread..."

What a waste of time. Why do people want to make a Braptor a drag racing vehicle? Such nonsense...

This video is simply to evaluate the performance modifications. I have all 3 of the same modifications waiting for me to install and I appreciate SVTPerformance in documenting these modification results against the clock so those of us interested have a good understanding of what to expect. A full second gain in the quarter is quite impressive with just these 3 bolt on mods. On Silver Lake sand dunes drag racing is a common occurance and it's simply fun to be competitive regardless of what vehicle your driving. After all, the Bronco Raptor is the performance version of a Bronco.

Last edited:
This video is simply to evaluate the performance modifications. I have all 3 of the same modifications waiting for me to install and I appreciate SVTPerformance in documenting these modification results against the clock so those of us interested have a good understanding of what to expect. A full second gain in the quarter is quite impressive with just these 3 bolt on mods. On Silver Lake sand dunes drag racing is a common occurance and it's simply fun to competitive regardless of what vehicle your driving. After all, the Bronco Raptor is the performance version of a Bronco.
Off road performance yes…this is what is was designed for.

I think the drag times are just relatively objective measurements of power improvements in general. No, most BRaptors will never see a drag-strip...and a high number might not ever see a dirt road much less real trails but just another indicator of performance gains.

I'm interested in these types of upgrades for a couple of reasons:
  • General improvements for daily driving. Better acceleration (esp highway passing) and potentially smoother transmission shifts.
  • Any potential efficiency/reliability gains? Cooler air coming in should help some...esp in hot-as-can-be summers in Texas.
  • More Power/Torque add a level of smile factor for those days when I do get to take it for some high speed off-pavement fun.

For now I'm holding out for a Ford Performance tune. Not sure I'll ever do any downpipes but might consider the intercooler and potential CAI as well.

A 13:50 is fantastic! I remember when my 1999 Mustang GT ran low 14s and all I wanted to do was get it into the 13s. Crazy how fast the Bronco Raptor is with some basic mods.

I feel maybe its fun to see it go quicker in an environment which the Raptor was not designed for. Running it on a dyno would be the only thing that would entice me to buy all the over priced add-ons... If you are going to design something that states real performance numbers you better back it up on the dyno. We all have our different uses for our Bronco Raptors, im not saying that driving it on a drag strip would be my first choice. I don't take away the fun aspect that someone else may enjoy. But maybe someone would think that this is a truck designed for the dirt! Maybe test it where it was designed for!

The BR has plenty of power for what it is... it just sounds like a joke!!! That's my only disappointment with it.
Im all about more power/performance... but it will never be fast on the road! it not supposed to be fast on pavement!!! But In its proper environment its an incredible ride! 90% of the people buying them dont have the skills to drive them at 50% of what a stock Bronco Raptor is capable of doing!

Just my two cents!!

I think the drag times are just relatively objective measurements of power improvements in general. No, most BRaptors will never see a drag-strip...and a high number might not ever see a dirt road much less real trails but just another indicator of performance gains.

I'm interested in these types of upgrades for a couple of reasons:
  • General improvements for daily driving. Better acceleration (esp highway passing) and potentially smoother transmission shifts.
  • Any potential efficiency/reliability gains? Cooler air coming in should help some...esp in hot-as-can-be summers in Texas.
  • More Power/Torque add a level of smile factor for those days when I do get to take it for some high speed off-pavement fun.

For now I'm holding out for a Ford Performance tune. Not sure I'll ever do any downpipes but might consider the intercooler and potential CAI as well.
Cool. I like the idea of the performance tune as well. I tried to do it on my Black Diamond. We tried three times at the dealer. The first time they figured the code's were hacked since the install was telling us it was already installed. Then the next time the mechanic was on the phone with Ford and couldn't do it and the third time it was supposed to be sorted and Ford had sent the wrong tune or something like that so it couldn't be installed. A good dealer and good mechanic not their fault. All good, it is getting traded for the Raptor in hopefully a couple of weeks or when it finally arrives. What do they say...4th times a charm....not sure on what I would like to do but the tune does sound good although you would think Ford has worked on the shift patterns a lot with the Raptor.

I real
I feel maybe its fun to see it go quicker in an environment which the Raptor was not designed for. Running it on a dyno would be the only thing that would entice me to buy all the over priced add-ons... If you are going to design something that states real performance numbers you better back it up on the dyno. We all have our different uses for our Bronco Raptors, im not saying that driving it on a drag strip would be my first choice. I don't take away the fun aspect that someone else may enjoy. But maybe someone would think that this is a truck designed for the dirt! Maybe test it where it was designed for!

The BR has plenty of power for what it is... it just sounds like a joke!!! That's my only disappointment with it.
Im all about more power/performance... but it will never be fast on the road! it not supposed to be fast on pavement!!! But In its proper environment its an incredible ride! 90% of the people buying them dont have the skills to drive them at 50% of what a stock Bronco Raptor is capable of doing!

Just my two cents!!
I am hoping I can push it to the limits in the dirt. We shall see. It it the same with street bikes. I owned BMW's s1000RR super bike. I certainly could not drive it to it's limits but it was fun trying. I got air once once and it kind of scared me. I didn't mind selling it after that. That certainly didn't need a tune. Not for me anyway. Many like tuning and tweeking and fussing, it is all part of it. I don't do a lot of that but I understand it. Dirt. Now we are talking. I like dirt and the freedom it allows in a machine.

Back