What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

One of the easiest mods ever, but since it's under the hood I'm sure it's worth 5hp, if not more. Bemaro Hood Strut overlay decals

1678815718115.png

So I did couple of things yesterday! First I installed the dashboard cubbies. Nice little things that help store small items. Next I followed the MIC Noise Reduction guide linked below to sound proof the Raptor. It definitely made a difference! I still need to tweak few spots but I would say at least 50% reduction in wind noise going above 60 MPH!! Lastly took the family off to some snow near by!!

Very interested in details, I purchased the materials but haven’t had opportunity to install yet. Wind noise on the highway definitely needs help. Does anyone have any experience with any aftermarket headliners? I know Hotheads has been promising a bronco version but haventer heard anything else.

I should have had that two for one code. Congratulations

On today‘s episode of ”What did you do to your Bronco”….

Easiest and Cheapest “mods’ Ever……

Easiest: I bought Deep Sleep Solomat and Pad for the four door Bronco. Unbox, unroll, add a few puffs of air and place in the back. Very comfortable. All my other supplies for multi-day off-road trip fit easily in the other side.

Considerations:
1) Buy one and choose which side you want to sleep on. Buy two and you’ve got a wall to wall love machine. I’ll probably put it on the passenger side eventually as it gives me more foot space without the tailgate latch bump out.
2) Pushed the ”buy now” button before I thought it all the way through. I might have skipped the pad, and looked for a case that was roughly 28x20x5.5” to store stuff and serve as a platform. May still do that, but now I own a leveling pad
3) The pad hangs over the top edge of the backseat about 10” with no support. Scooting the seat back until tight uses curvature of the seat to give some support. I’ll probably find some gear to stuff into that space as well. That said, it’s not really a huge problem. It supports my big ol’ head pretty well with the seat back.
4) not cheap, but probably only twice as much than building a sleeping platform and way more flexible and is comfy in and of itself.
5) it’s 21“ across at the feet, but wider at the shoulders (where you need it) by using the wider space at the passenger doors. This is plenty of space for me at 6’2” and skinny

edit: 6). Follow the instructions for rolling it back up. I didn’t and it was harder. However, they did a great job over sizing the stuff sacks. They are big enough to get the mat in with it poorly deflated.

Cheapest: I bought to 3’ sections of PVC rain gutter guard at Hone Depot with screen already attached for less than $5 Incl tax. Cut them with a hack saw to slightly wider than the rear side window width, spray painted them black and covered edges with cloth harness tape. Voila! Bug proof Window vents for when I’m sleeping on my Solomat. Doesn’t appear to be much in the market comparable and what is, is $160!

Considerations:
1. They’re flimsy, but they’ll do the job for the few nights a year I’ll be crashed in the back
2. Takes a little fiddling around to get the window at the right height. But once you do, the channels on the guard slip tightly over the top of the window. I wouldn’t advise this on tinted windows
3. I have them ugly side out as the guards have a bow to them that veers away from the window if you try pretty side out. Ugly side out has a nice seal against the weather stripping.

Gutter Guard

7B4778F0-0FDC-4366-9334-362CE2C317EA.jpeg

Finished Product
801E0CD9-A1B1-4082-A289-911CB12BB020.jpeg

Solomat and Pad in their bags

BE46EB59-B54C-40F6-9C15-E7680BE5970B.jpeg

“Installed’ with most of my crap in back

46B6B546-4653-49ED-AD46-F4255E01ECBD.jpeg

The empty unsupported space under the head of the Solomat

21F6FFCA-26CC-45F8-9767-EE2C43CECA40.jpeg

Last edited:
On today‘s episode of ”What did you do to your Bronco”….

Easiest and Cheapest “mods’ Ever……

Easiest: I bought Deep Sleep Solomat and Pad for the four door Bronco. Unbox, unroll, add a few puffs of air and place in the back. Very comfortable. All my other supplies for multi-day off-road trip fit easily in the other side.
Pretty sweet setup John....anything that helps get a better sleep is worth it!
I really like the widow vent idea and most likely making my own set of them. Thanks for the show how...

Pretty sweet setup John....anything that helps get a better sleep is worth it!
I really like the widow vent idea and most likely making my own set of them. Thanks for the show how...
I saw a similar idea somewhere, so I can’t take credit.

it might be better to spend more time to cut one to fit the front window. the rear window is an easy straight 90 degree cut, but in this afternoon‘s testing I learned that I’m not getting in or out of the tailgate due to no interior handle. And i realized if you want to exit in the middle of the night, its possible to dislodge the vent when getting in.

so it might be better to have at least one vent up front do you can exit and enter worry free late at night when you’re sleepy

OK, so not the most interesting mods, but today I ordered the rubber back seat cover and the the metal brake, gas and dead pedals. It just seems that a Raptor type vehicle needs upgraded pedals as opposed to the standard type. I did not order the paracord handles yet, does recommend them?

OK, so not the most interesting mods, but today I ordered the rubber back seat cover and the the metal brake, gas and dead pedals. It just seems that a Raptor type vehicle needs upgraded pedals as opposed to the standard type. I did not order the paracord handles yet, does recommend them?
I bought the QMparts roll bar grab handles on Amazon for $15.99 and really like them and recommend them. Hard to beat for the price and they seem to be made very well.
Amazon product ASIN B0B5YYB6BG

I like the American Flag on them.

Interested in some custom door sill protectors? You just need to contact:
[email protected]
T: (805)522-3278

Example: The Length of the logo on the fronts is 7.80” and is 1.45” tall in White and Code Orange. The logo on the rears are 5.39” in length and 1.00” tall with the same coloring.

Bronco Raptor.com proof.jpg

Received them Monday...Drivers front on.
20230314_183114.jpg

20230314_183237.jpg

Drivers rear on.
20230314_191429.jpg

20230314_191439.jpg

Both doors
20230314_192019.jpg

With optional "R" in rear
20230314_192227.jpg

Interested in some custom door sill protectors? You just need to contact:
[email protected]
T: (805)522-3278

Example: The Length of the logo on the fronts is 7.80” and is 1.45” tall in White and Code Orange. The logo on the rears are 5.39” in length and 1.00” tall with the same coloring.

View attachment 6815

Received them Monday...Drivers front on.
View attachment 6817

View attachment 6818

Drivers rear on.
View attachment 6819

View attachment 6820

Both doors
View attachment 6821

With optional "R" in rear
View attachment 6822
Wow, those look great! 🍻 Very Cool! :cool:

Yes, I have a set of 4. Good for 5'-3" Mrs. Chili Pepper to get in. Also easier to hold than leaning forward to reach the A-pillar or console holds.

I got to drive it a good bit last night and today. We drove a bunch of our favorite mountain roads (in the Santa Cruz Mountains...like Hwy 9...the Bay Area folks will know it)...the area has been pummeled by storms so there's crap everywhere up there. It's a perennial favorite for driving enthusiasts...the cars and bikes you see up there on a nice day are pretty cool. No sports cars or motorcycles up there today...great day to get to know the Brap and on roads I've been driving many times a week for a few decades. The Brap really is a hoot to hustle in that environment. Despite having seen all the reviews, including from you all here, I was still surprised how engaging this thing is to drive. I'm impressed and stoked.
There are competing theories about break-in periods and how good they are (or not) for the motor, in particular. I tend to think that they're mostly a way for manufacturers to limit their liability from people jumping in a fast car and doing something stupid right out of the gate and coming back at the manufacturer with a 'no one told it was going to be that fast...'
All within reason, of course...I'm big on mechanical empathy, and keeping it sane on public roads. I'm really looking forward to getting it off-road...I'm sure it's going to be an absolute hoot.

I got to drive it a good bit last night and today. We drove a bunch of our favorite mountain roads (in the Santa Cruz Mountains...like Hwy 9...the Bay Area folks will know it)...the area has been pummeled by storms so there's crap everywhere up there. It's a perennial favorite for driving enthusiasts...the cars and bikes you see up there on a nice day are pretty cool. No sports cars or motorcycles up there today...great day to get to know the Brap and on roads I've been driving many times a week for a few decades. The Brap really is a hoot to hustle in that environment. Despite having seen all the reviews, including from you all here, I was still surprised how engaging this thing is to drive. I'm impressed and stoked.
There are competing theories about break-in periods and how good they are (or not) for the motor, in particular. I tend to think that they're mostly a way for manufacturers to limit their liability from people jumping in a fast car and doing something stupid right out of the gate and coming back at the manufacturer with a 'no one told it was going to be that fast...'
All within reason, of course...I'm big on mechanical empathy, and keeping it sane on public roads. I'm really looking forward to getting it off-road...I'm sure it's going to be an absolute hoot.
Cool, I was looking forward to what your driving impressions were especially given your other vehicles. Congratulations and thank you for your thoughts on those driving enthusiast roads. I'm Happy for you!
🍻

Back