What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

Yes it currently runs off the main power using the 12V Power outlet in the cargo area. The light comes prewired with this plug.

I’ve seen installations of other lights that tie into the woeful OEM light OR you could tie into the upfitter wiring point that is in the passenger side rear end. I’m guessing it’s behind the plastic panel where the cargo light and 12V power outlet reside. I just haven’t dug into this area yet.

This would give you three different options to switch the light to best match your usage requirements.

So far using the lighted push button on the light assembly with power coming from “always on” power port, is easy to use. I really only need the light when I’m standing at the tailgate.

I don’t want to turn an upfitter switch on every time I want to access the cargo area. although you could leave the upfitter switch on and use the push button when you were expecting to access cargo area or turn off the upfitter in longer term storage situations. Also I plan to use the upfitter wire for an external lighting option once/if I get a roof rack.

Too many dang considerations for a simple lighting requirement!
True that! Use case is a big driver. I'm be installing an auxiliary power system (managed via RedArc) fairly soon to handle these kinds of lights (or other gadgets like a powered cooler) that may be used "long-term" with the engine turned off.

True that! Use case is a big driver. I'm be installing an auxiliary power system (managed via RedArc) fairly soon to handle these kinds of lights (or other gadgets like a powered cooler) that may be used "long-term" with the engine turned off.
Are there options to install an aux power system without losing the rear seats or trunk space? All the systems I have seen on Bronco raptors either eliminated the rear seats or took a good portion of the trunk area.

Are there options to install an aux power system without losing the rear seats or trunk space? All the systems I have seen on Bronco raptors either eliminated the rear seats or took a good portion of the trunk area.
Go to American Adventure Lab website.....They have a cool sytem that installs in/under the floor, 2 Dakota Lithium batteries with charger/ and ARB single air compressor, or you can put (3) 18ah Dakota Batteries to run aux equipment. Separate system that won't drain the engine batt. Trick would deciding how to tie into those aux lights/components etc into Bronco circuitry. My plan is to keep it separate systems, and once the engine is running it triggers the charger to top these aux batteries off, if I'm understanding their concept correctly. Hope this helps.

I added vinyl wrap over the Grill letters, Raptor emblem and rear quarter panel. Love the look! Ordered with www.vinylsometimes.com.
Screenshot_20230221_184522_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230221_184335_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230221_184344_Gallery.jpg

Today on the season finale (probably not actually) of “What Did With Do WithYour Bronco Raptor Today?” Randy completes his winch project.

The mounting, reassemble and spooling went pretty smoothly, but I forgot to put the silver plastic front cover on before mounting the winch plate, winch and cable routing. Other Broncos have two separate panels that mount on each side of the tow points, while the Raptor‘s single piece loops over the top. Fortunately, after suffering an oh sh*t moment or two, I realized I could just unbolt the six bolts on the winch plate, lift the assembly and slip the cover in. Crisis averted.

and there were a few choice words threading rope and inserting the puck in the winch. Hated that each time I’ve done it.

But it’s all done with minimal drama, it works (always a bonus) and I only have a little bit of cable / sprayer hose management left to do. View attachment 5661View attachment 5662View attachment 5663
Is that aftermarket or Ford? It looks awesome.

Is that aftermarket or Ford? It looks awesome.
Thanks! Aftermarket. JCR Off-road winch plate and camera relocation bracket, Warn 12-S winch, Factor 55 Fairlead, Flatlink and Rope Guard.

I also pulled off the bumper ends/lights and shoved them in a cabinet. That’s not required to install the winch, but lights are pretty weak and I didn’t like the plastic air dams, it all comes off in one assembly.

Go to American Adventure Lab website.....They have a cool sytem that installs in/under the floor, 2 Dakota Lithium batteries with charger/ and ARB single air compressor, or you can put (3) 18ah Dakota Batteries to run aux equipment. Separate system that won't drain the engine batt. Trick would deciding how to tie into those aux lights/components etc into Bronco circuitry. My plan is to keep it separate systems, and once the engine is running it triggers the charger to top these aux batteries off, if I'm understanding their concept correctly. Hope this helps.

I added vinyl wrap over the Grill letters, Raptor emblem and rear quarter panel. Love the look! Ordered with www.vinylsometimes.com. View attachment 6369View attachment 6368View attachment 6367
I did install the Rearview Decal in Orange looks great and was easy. I did ask about the Ford Grille Decals in Area 51, they stated they are getting a new printer next week and to check back. I am also interested in the Hood Cowl Decals. There web site states
"While these can be installed at home, professional install is highly recommended. These decals are difficult to install due to a lack of surface area."
Did you find them difficult?

Your work deserves it's own thread so neophytes like myself can study your process 🙌
Thank you, and good point. We have quite a few members here doing some really cool mods, so it's nice to see others progress all in one thread. You have me thinking maybe we need a additional search function. 🤔
Current Work Around, go to this thread and use the search in the upper right, then choose the drop down menu to search just this thread, then just fill in the "By: " field for a particular member name. This will show all the posts, as a list, by a member in a particular thread.
1677256262193.png

Also the "Gallery" drop down has some neat functions for visual searching.

I did install the Rearview Decal in Orange looks great and was easy. I did ask about the Ford Grille Decals in Area 51, they stated they are getting a new printer next week and to check back. I am also interested in the Hood Cowl Decals. There web site states
"While these can be installed at home, professional install is highly recommended. These decals are difficult to install due to a lack of surface area."
Did you find them difficult?

Good question. There are 2 types of hood cowl stickers. The "border outline", or the letter inlay. I bought both and glad I did. The border outline was difficult because the surface area is narrow and There's a lot of room for error if it's not perfectly aligned. On the other hand the letter inlay was much easier. I did find that picking up 2 pairs of tweezers from the 99 cent store was very helpful and can help you align perfectly before you lay it down, without using your fingertips. The unused stickers I used to stick onto the Rear rollbar, which is visible when I romove the top. I hope that helps! I bought the entire set of stickers that they make for the raptor in code Orange. I love how it looks. 😊

Good question. There are 2 types of hood cowl stickers. The "border outline", or the letter inlay. I bought both and glad I did. The border outline was difficult because the surface area is narrow and There's a lot of room for error if it's not perfectly aligned. On the other hand the letter inlay was much easier. I did find that picking up 2 pairs of tweezers from the 99 cent store was very helpful and can help you align perfectly before you lay it down, without using your fingertips. The unused stickers I used to stick onto the Rear rollbar, which is visible when I remove the top. I hope that helps! I bought the entire set of stickers that they make for the raptor in code Orange. I love how it looks. 😊
Thanks always great input on this board.
sounds like the letter inlay would work for me in orange also. I will order them once They can print in Area 51 for the front grill.

Well....... I guess this kinda counts. I put a down payment on one being built right now at my local dealership ;)
She should....ummm, she is to be Shadow Black, leather black onyx interior, LUX package, 17" blk beadlock whls. Only thing she won't have is keyless entry. IF this works out, 🤞& I am holding my breath, it will prove the old adage about sunshine & a dogs.... I got lucky.
Thanks to everyone here, you may not realize it but I learned a ton just reading all of your experiences & ideas. Cheers 🥃
🇺🇸

Top Member Reactions

Back